The first time I ever used a "real incentive" to bribe subscribers onto my list was a couple of years back.
I had stumbled upon some tickets to an upcoming workshop being offered by a popular bestselling author. It was going to be a busy week for me and I realized that I wasn't going to be able to go to the event.
"Why not run a give-away contest on the blog?" was the idea that popped into my head.
So I did.
And my list size exploded.
And since the event was in a niche I was already working in, these new subscribers were a perfect match for my business at the time.
So maybe it's time for you to run a giveaway on your site.
You may be thinking that it's gonna be a complete waste of time and money.
Well according to the research released by Incentivibe - it looks like you may have to put those doubts to rest.
Here's a brief overview of the data:
• Running a $500 giveaway contest on landing pages generated 700% more email subscribers than landing pages with no contests
• Industry Breakdowns: The Fashion & Clothing Industry 11x Increase - The Health and Fitness Niche saw a 9x increase - The Gadgets and Electronics Industry saw a 7x increase - the Travel Industry saw a 6x increase - Content Based Websites saw a 6x increase - the Professional Service Industry saw a 5x increase
• Products to Giveaway: Ecommerce/Physical Goods saw a 9x increase - Knowledge Products saw a 7x increase - Services saw a 6x increase
• Sunday's had the highest rate of visitors becoming email subscribers
• 11PM had the highest rate of visitors becoming email subscribers
• These offers boosted action on social platforms as well: Facebook 5x increase - Twitter 4x increase
(This data is based on 3 million visitors from 100 online businesses of various types collected at the in the early months of 2013)
That's it for now. Hope you're having a great week!
The MyBizMailer Team
P.S. We're going to be updating our pricing soon so if you're thinking about switching over to us now is a good time. Check out our prices by clicking here.