You have to have a pretty thick skin in this business. Every day there's someone out there proclaiming from the mountaintop that "Email Marketing is Dead!" and that (insert shiny new platform/tool) reigns supreme.
As an email marketer you just keep chugging along. You know and have seen the ROI of email marketing as an awesome multi-purpose communications channel.
Email Marketing = The silent workhorse of online marketing.
Every so often someone does come along to help do some mythbusting for you. Like Alchemy Worxs and their latest infographic, "7 Myths of Email Marketing" which is below.
Here's 7 Email Marketing Myths Busted
1) Consumer are Drowning in Emails From Trusted Brands
2) The Best Time to Send Emails if 3PM on Thursday
3) You Should Stop Sending to "Inactive" Users After 6 Months
4) Consumers Are Trigger Happy With the Spam Button
5) If Brands Send More Email Consumers Simply Ignore More
6) Short Email Subject Lines Give Better Results
7) Email Ends Up In the Spam Folder Because of Subject Lines
Special thanks to Alchemy Worx for putting this infographic together.